Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My New Man


Please meet the new man in my life! Fred. I love his shape, the way he fits in my hand, his uniqueness, and his charming name. Actually there isn't anything I don't like about Fred, other than he is hard to find. What good man isn't, right?

I was first introduced to Fred over a year ago on a trip my daughter and I took to Brooklyn looking at colleges. We stopped at a pizza place before hitting the road back home and there, in the cooler, I came face to, well, face I guess, with Fred. Based on his name and shape I knew I just had to try it. It was cool, refreshing, and really really great tasting water. I was in love!

Then coming home, I looked all over town for Fred but he could not be found. I tried refilling him and putting him in the refrigerator but it just wasn't the same. I was devastated. Fred was nowhere in Western New York to be found. I searched online, even emailing the makers of Fred to see if I could buy Fred by the case, but no luck getting a response. My heart was broken.

Then, in March of this year, my daughter and I were again traveling, this time to Maryland, and on a stop in Pennsylvania, who should we run into. None other than ,
FRED! I was so happy I purchased a whole armload of Fred's and on the way home stopped again to stock up some more.
Well, now my Freds are running low, down to one left, and I am beside myself. What will I do without my Fred. We just had two months of bliss together. I was so happy to see him every time I opened my refrigerator.

So for now its time to say goodbye to Fred, until we meet again. I will keep searching for a way to keep him in my life everyday, hoping that some day someone in Western New York will see in Fred what I see and make him available.

Until then, goodbye my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment